Call us today to book and in the mean time, enjoy this "home made Valentine Card" craft from Craft.Kaboose.com!
Home Made Valentine Cards
What you'll need:
- 8.5 x 11 construction paper or card stock in various colors and/or patterns
- Valentine and/or heart stickers
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Glue stick or white craft or school glue
- Glitter (pink, red, white)
How to make it:
- Begin by cutting a piece of construction paper or card stock into four equal pieces.
- Fold quartered paper in half to make a card.
- For the easiest version, appropriate for preschoolers, use stickers to decorate or cut out hearts from a different color of construction paper or card stock to glue onto your cards. Experiment with different patterns, florals look great contrasted with stripes on a solid background.
- Younger children love glitter! Use a bottle of glue to “draw” on a heart or phrase (such as “Be Mine”). Sprinkle glue generously with pink, red or white glitter and let dry over night. Tap off excess glitter when completely dry.
- For the older set, let them use pinking sheers to cut out heart shapes and glue onto cards. Again, use contrasting patterns and colors to create a charming design.
- Once glue is dry, cards may curl up a little. Place cards between the pages of a heavy cookbook or phone book and leave over night.
Finding the perfect paper. Card stock is available in literally hundreds of different designs. The scrap-booking aisle at your local craft store has individual sheets or pads of various colors and patterns. Caution, these papers can get costly, watch for sales or purchase these papers with other projects in mind as well. Construction paper is inexpensive and children love it just as much.